- 5-day instructor-led training course
- Tuition fee can be paid later by invoice -OR- at the time of checkout by credit card
Red Hat System Administration II Training with RHCSA Exam (RH135)
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
This Red Hat System Administration II (RH135) training course relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 and is specifically designed for students who have completed Red Hat System Administration I (RH124). Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) focuses on the key tasks needed to become a full time Linux administrator. This RH135 course goes deeper into enterprise Linux administration including file systems and partitioning, logical volumes, SELinux, firewalling, and troubleshooting.
This version of the course includes the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam (EX200). Attending both Red Hat System Administration I and Red Hat System Administration II can help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam (EX200).
- Cost of the exam is included in the tuition fee price. Students must take the exam on the 5th day of class — Red Hat does not allow reschedules or issue vouchers for attendees who want to wait to take the exam at a later date.
Red Hat System Administration II Training with RHCSA Exam (RH135) Delivery Methods
- Official Red Hat training curriculum
- Extensive hands-on labs for enhancing practical skills
- Attend online or bring this course to your facility
Red Hat System Administration II Training with RHCSA Exam (RH135) Course BenefitsInstallation using KickstartManaging filesystems and logical volumesManaging scheduled jobsAccessing network filesystemsManaging SELinuxControlling firewallingTroubleshooting
RH135 Course Outline
Automate installation with Kickstart
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart.
Use regular expressions with grep
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
Create and Edit text files with vim
- Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
Schedule future Linux tasks
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
Manage priority of Linux processes
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
Control access to files with access control lists (ACL)
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
Manage SELinux security
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behaviour of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
Connect to network-defined users and groups
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
Add disks, partitions, and file systems to a Linux system
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
Manage logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
Access networked attached storage with network file system (NFS)
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
Access networked storage with SMB
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
Control and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process
Limit network communication with firewall
- Configure a basic firewall.
- Practise and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.
Follow up courses and exams
- Red Hat System Administration III w/ Exam (RH255)
- Red Hat Performance Tuning (RH442)
- Red Hat Server Hardening (RH413)
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
This course provides the knowledge and hands-on experience needed to master the concepts covered in the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam (EX200). Students must take the exam on the 5th day of class — Red Hat does not allow reschedules or issue vouchers for attendees who want to wait to take the exam at a later date.
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want. This course is available online or as Private Team Training.