The RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199) is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux® administration. This course combines Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134), reviewing the tasks at an accelerated pace.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8.
You will be expected to already understand fundamental Linux computing concepts and be ready to practise the Red HatEnterprise Linux methods for performing system administration tasks. Significant field experience working with Linux as a system administrator is recommended.
- If you do not have experience with fundamental Linux computer concepts, we advise you to start with the Red Hat SystemAdministration I (RH124) course instead.
This course is geared towards Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199) Delivery Methods
- Official Red Hat training curriculum
- Extensive hands-on labs for enhancing practical skills
- Attend online, in person, or bring this course to your facility
RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199) Course Benefits
Access the command line locally and remotelyManage files from the command lineManage local users and groupsMonitor and manage Linux processesControl services, daemons, and the boot processManage tuning profiles for system performanceControl access to files with file system permissionsAnalyse and store log filesConfigure and secure the OpenSSH serviceInstall and update software packages and appstreamsManage Linux file systems and volumesManage Linux networking and firewalls
RH199 Course Outline
- Access systems and get help
- Navigate file systems
- Manage local users and groups
- Control access to files
- Manage SELinux security
- Tune system performance
- Install and update software packages
- Manage basic storage
- Control services and the boot process
- Manage networking
- Analyse and store logs
- Implement advanced storage features
- Schedule future tasks
- Access network-attached storage
- Manage network security