This Management of Portfolios (MoP) certification course helps you invest in the right change initiatives and implement them effectively. MoP Foundation and Practitioner Certification helps organisations answer a fundamental question: “Are we sure this investment is right for us and how will it contribute to our strategic objectives?”
MoP achieves this by ensuring that:
- The programmes and projects undertaken are prioritised in terms of their contribution to the organisation’s strategic objectives and overall level of risk.
- Programmes and projects are managed consistently to ensure efficient and effective delivery.
- Benefits realisation is maximised to provide the greatest return (in terms of strategic contribution and efficiency savings) from the investment made.
MoP is structured around five flexible principles within which the two cycles and the 12 portfolio management practices exist. While portfolio management will be more effective where robust programme and project management (PPM) exists, this is not a prerequisite for its successful implementation.
MoP Foundation and Practitioner Certification Delivery Methods
MoP Foundation and Practitioner Certification Training Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Prepare for the MoP® Foundation and Practitioner exams (voucher, manuals, sample exams and pre-course study guides included).
- Understand the benefits and principles underlying the approach to the Management of Portfolios.
- Contribute and communicate effectively with colleagues within portfolio management.
- Apply the MoP® principles within an organisational context.
MoP Foundation and Practitioner (4 days) approximately 10 hours pre-reading.
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office or in a range of portfolio management roles. It is suitable for anyone involved in change initiatives.
Foundation level exam:
- Format: Multiple choice closed book
- Question numbers: 50
- Time: 40 minutes
- Pass mark: 25 out of 50 (50%)
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the MoP® guidance and to analyse portfolio data, documentation and roles in relation to a scenario situation. You must hold a Foundation level certificate to study this. The MoP® Practitioner course explores practical application of the approach with real-world scenarios.
Practitioner level exam
- Format: Objective testing open book
- Question numbers: 4 (total 80 marks)
- Time: 2.5 hours
- Pass mark: 40 marks out of 80 (50%)
Your examination results will be withheld until the correct prerequisite is provided to PeopleCert. If you are unable to provide the required prerequisite, then you will need to successfully complete the prerequisite before the higher-level exam result is released.
MoP Foundation and Practitioner Certification Training Outline
- Introduction to MoP® and setting the context.
- The relationship between MoP® and other key corporate functions.
- Portfolio Management principles
- Portfolio cycles and roles.
- The definition and delivery cycles.
- Framework and documentation.