- 2-day instructor-led training course
Case Study to practice techniques in a real-world scenario
Learning Tree end-of-course exam included
- One-on-one after-course instructor coaching
UML Essentials for Agile Development Training
- Duration: 2 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
Teams adopting Agile software development approaches could jump immediately from conversations to coding. However, the critical steps of modelling and thinking should not be skipped because although the software is delivered quickly, it is poorly architected. Unified Modelling Language (UML) has had a reputation for being document heavy and therefore rejected. This UML Essentials for Agile Development Training reverses that mindset and shows you how UML can be integral to any Agile process. This is a course not just for programmers but all members of an Agile team looking to communicate more effectively. If you’ve experienced sprint deliverables not meeting customer expectations, we can help you better communicate the fundamental architecture and design decisions in a visual, industry-standard format.
UML Essentials for Agile Development Training Delivery Methods
UML Essentials for Agile Development Training Course Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Foster better communication between all Agile team members via diagrams.
- Build Activity Diagrams to capture the rich interactions between users and systems.
- Create Sequence Diagrams to explore alternative design solutions to support testing.
- Use State Machine Diagrams to model system behaviour.
- Develop Class Diagrams to best exploit interfaces and inheritance.
- Attendees should have a solid grasp of the Agile methodology at the level of Learning Tree course 918, Agile Fundamentals Training.
- Additionally, they should have experience in programming, preferably in a modern (object-based or object-oriented) programming language, software analysis or design, and a broad understanding of the software development lifecycle.
UML Essentials for Agile Development Training Outline
Involving the Product Owner
- Actors and The System
- Activity Diagrams
- Use Case Descriptions
- Capturing More System Behavior
Sequence Diagrams for Details
- Only Enough Details
State Machines for Everyone
- What Actions Are Allowed/Disallowed
Organising with Class Diagrams
- Putting Responsibilities Where They Belong
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
UML Essentials for Agile Development Course FAQs
All members of an Agile team (Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers) can benefit from this course. A goal of UML is to describe what needs to be built in an easily understood graphical format (a picture is worth 1000 words).
Therefore, this course is for anyone who wants to convey critical analysis, design, and testing decisions without using massive textual documentation.