Security Operations on AWS demonstrates how to efficiently use AWS security services to stay secure and compliant in the AWS cloud. The Security Engineering on AWS (AWSSO) course focuses on the AWS-recommended security best practices that you can implement to enhance the security of your data and systems in the cloud. The course highlights the security features of AWS key services including compute, storage, networking, and database services. This course also refers to the common security control objectives and regulatory compliance standards and examines use cases for running regulated workloads on AWS across different verticals, globally. You will also learn how to leverage AWS services and tools for automation and continuous monitoring — taking your security operations to the next level.
Security Engineering on AWS (AWSSO) Delivery Methods
Security Engineering on AWS (AWSSO) Course Information
In this Security Engineering on AWS (AWSSO) course, you will learn how to:
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared security responsibility model.
- Mange user identity and access management in the AWS cloud.
- Use AWS security services such as AWS Identity and Access Management, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, AWS Config, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Key Management Service, AWS CloudHSM, and AWS Trusted Advisor.
- Implement better security controls for your resources in the AWS cloud.
- Manage and audit your AWS resources from a security perspective.
- Monitor and log access and usage of AWS compute, storage, networking, and database services.
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared compliance responsibility model.
- Identify AWS services and tools to help automate, monitor, and manage security operations on AWS.
- Perform security incident management in the AWS cloud.
Security Engineering on AWS (AWSSO) Prerequisites
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attended AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS)
- Experience with governance, risk, and compliance
- regulations and control objectives
- Working knowledge of IT security practices
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Security Engineering on AWS (AWSSO) Exam Information
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Security – Specialty exam (SCS-C01). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response.
Security Engineering on AWS (AWSSO) Course Outline
- Introduction to Cloud Security
- Security of the AWS Cloud
- Cloud Aware Governance and Compliance
- Identity and Access Management
- Securing AWS Infrastructure Services
- Securing AWS Container Services
- Securing AWS Abstracted Services
- Using AWS Security Services
- Data Protection in the AWS Cloud
- Building Compliant Workloads on AWS — Case Study
- Security Incident Management in the Cloud