The SAFe Agile Product Management Training (APM Certification) provides comprehensive training in Agile product management, enabling product owners and product teams to develop and execute effective product strategies. The course covers all life cycle stages, from introduction to the mature phase and decline stage, and focuses on developing marketing strategies to support the product vision statement. In addition, market research and demographic segmentation are emphasised to support marketing efforts and maximise market share.
This certification programme is ideal for those seeking a deeper understanding of agile product management and how to apply it to existing products and those looking to create good product vision statements for product development or service offerings.
SAFe Agile Product Management Training Delivery Methods
SAFe Agile Product Management Training Information
In this course, you will:
- Prepare to pass the exam to validate your skills and expertise as a Certified SAFe® 6.0 Agile Product Manager.
- Earn a Certified SAFe® 6.0 Agile Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment and gain access to global job-market insights tied to available, in-demand positions.
- Includes 1-year Scaled Agile Membership (for first time attendees of SAFe courses).
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes.
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing, and competitive landscape.
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing.
- Apply product strategy and vision.
- Develop and evolve roadmaps.
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching.
You should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending. A background in product or solution management is highly recommended.
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 75%
- Delivery: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Practice and certification exams are available in your Scaled Agile Community portal under the course you’re attending.
- Cost: Initial cost is included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion.
- Retake Fee: $50; $250 for SPCs
- Retake Policy: First retake may be taken immediately after the first failed attempt. Second retake may be taken 10 days after the first retake. Third retake may be taken 30 days after the second retake. All subsequent retakes require a 30-day wait.
SAFe Agile Product Management Training Outline
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Describe Product Management's role and responsibilities
- Identify Product Management stakeholders and collaborators
- Explain Design Thinking for Product Management
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Explain market research in the context of Continuous Exploration
- Discover the right hypothesis and ask the right questions
- Apply data-driven practices to answer questions
- Plan your research
- Use research games for customer understanding
- Explain market segmentation
- Create market segments through market research
- Determine market segment value
- Assess market segment fit
- Describe the purpose and use of personas
- Create and use personas
- Improve customer experience through empathy
- Explain the strategic purpose of your product
- Create a compelling product vision
- Design value propositions and business models
- Design the Customer Journey
- Design the whole product and solution context
- Design Platform, API, and Data strategy
- Define Solution Intent
- Create market-driven roadmaps
- Organise Features for balanced solutions
- Refine Features into Stories and Story Maps
- Visualise development flow using a Programme Kanban
- Estimate and forecast the backlog
- Prioritise the Programme Backlog
- Create alignment with PI Planning
- Execute the PI
- Describe value stream and product innovation
- Use metrics to guide improvements
- Manage innovations through Epics
- Fund sustainable innovation
- Apply Rapid Experimentation
- Evaluate hypothesis outcomes: Pivot, Stop, or Continue