Duration: 45-minutes with 15-minute Q&A
Data privacy is a fast-growing concern: in 2017, over 174 million records were compromised in 1339 data breaches — and 2018 has shown no sign of this trend slowing. To combat this trend, many new federal, state, local, and industry regulations, like the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for example, now stipulate how personal data is managed, upending data privacy strategy on a global scale.
Today’s security professionals must not only protect data, but ensure they’re following these new rules to fully protect their customers and organizations worldwide – there is no perimeter! Unfortunately, many are missing the critical step of aligning their data privacy strategy with their cybersecurity strategy. A comprehensive approach to both presents great opportunities to further your business, while lacking a defined approach poses increased risks to your company brand and financials. Now is the time to understand your organization's cybersecurity practices, data privacy needs, and how to begin combining them to better protect personal data, mitigate breaches, and know how to respond when one happens — as privacy and security go hand-in-hand.
This on-demand webinar addresses:
- Cybersecurity and data privacy - how both exist in today’s digital marketplace
- The difference between cybersecurity and data privacy
- How to minimize the risk of cybersecurity breaches
- What is data privacy?
- What data privacy skills are needed
- Why certification and membership matter
- A combined path to a more secure and protected ecosystem