As you may know, the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) went into effect on May 25th, 2018 putting into motion a new legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU). While most believe GDPR specifically applies only to EU countries, this is a misconception as the Regulation affects any organization that collects, stores, or processes EU personal data - regardless of location. And in fact GDPR is only one among many other federal, state, local, and industry regulations which stipulates how personal data is managed.
While data privacy is a growing concern many have not tied their implementation to cybersecurity. A comprehensive approach to both presents great opportunities to further your business, while lacking a defined approach poses increased risks to your company brand and financials. Now is the time to understand your organization's cybersecurity practices, data privacy needs, and how to begin combining them to better protect personal data, mitigate breaches, and know how to respond when one happens. As privacy and Security go hand-in-hand.
Join our webinar to learn more about:
- Cybersecurity and data privacy - how both exist in today’s digital marketplace
- The difference between cybersecurity and data privacy
- How to minimize the risk of cybersecurity breaches
- What is data privacy?
- What data privacy skills are needed
- Why certification and membership matter
- A combined path to a more secure and protected ecosystem