This M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner certification course helps you identify and control the impact of risk on your organisation’s objectives. Management of Risk® considers risk from different perspectives within an organisation: strategic, programme, project and operational. It compliments other Best Management Practice guidance such as PRINCE2® (project management) and MSP® (programme management) and helps organisations and individuals manage their projects, programmes and services consistently and effectively. It also helps organisations improve performance against objectives at strategic, programme, project, and operational levels.
M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner Certification Delivery Methods
M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner Certification Training Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Prepare for the M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner exams (voucher, manuals, sample exams and pre-course study guides included).
- Provide delegates with an understanding of the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to assessing and managing risks.
- Applying the principles of M_o_R® within a work environment.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and managers within a structured risk environment.
- Enable delegates to understand the M_o_R® method at the Foundation and Practitioner level.
M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner (4 days) approxmately 10 hours pre reading.
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding to contribute to the identification, assessment and control of risks across any organisational perspective. Your understanding will include the four elements of the M_o_R® framework and how these support corporate governance.
Foundation level exam
- Format: Multiple choice closed book
- Question numbers: 70
- Time: 60 minutes
- Pass mark: 35 out of 70 (50%)
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether you have sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor M_o_R® in a scenario situation. You should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying an M_o_R® approach to any organisational perspective but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations.
Practitioner level exam
- Format: Objective testing open book
- Question numbers: 4 (total 80 marks)
- Time: 3 hours
- Pass mark: 40 marks out of 80 (50%)
Your examination results will be withheld until the correct prerequisite is provided to PeopleCert. If you are unable to provide the required prerequisite, then you will need to successfully complete the prerequisite before the higher-level exam result is released.
M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner Certification Training Outline
- Fewer sudden shocks and unwelcome surprises.
- Reduced management time in ‘fire-fighting’.
- Better service delivery.
- M_o_Re focus internally on doing the right things properly.
- Reduced fraud and waste.
- Basic concepts and terms, the history, regulatory and legislative background of corporate governance and Management of Risk.
- Management of Risk principles, perspectives and risk approach.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Health check and maturity models.
- M_o_R® specialisms: Business Continuity, Incident and Crisis Management, Health and Safety Management, Security Risk Management, Financial Risk Management, Environmental Risk Management, Reputational Risk Management and Contract Risk Management.