APMG Change Management™: Achieving Practitioner Certification
Course 288 | 5 Days
Evaluations in the Last 12 Months
You Will Learn How To:
- Prepare for and take the APMG Change Management Foundation & Practitioner Exams
- Improve exam-taking techniques with practice exams
- Profile individual and group behaviour exhibited during change
- Enhance individual and team dynamics for high performance
- Critique an organisation's readiness for change with proven techniques
Workshop Activities Include:
- Taking the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner Certification exams
- Daily exam practice and review sessions
- Applying the GROW model to coach and sustain individuals undergoing organisational change
- Designing a practical framework for positive engagement with organisational change
About This Course: This course prepares you for the APMG Change Management Foundation Exam, given on Day 4, and Practitioner Exam, given on Day 5. Pre-course reading materials provided include the Making Sense of Change Management textbook, the APMG Change Management Practitioner Handbook and the Learning Tree Pre-Course Study Guide.
Foundation and Practitioner Exams
Creating the conditions for exam success
- Gaining insight into the exam process
- Applying proven tips for exam success
- Practising with test questions and mock papers
- Incorporating feedback for improved performance
Foundation Exam: Day 4
- Taking the exam
- Obtaining your Foundation Exam results
Practitioner Exam: Day 5
- Completing the necessary APMG paperwork
- Taking the exam
Focusing on the Individual and Change
Introduction to change management
- Building a change management road map
- Defining organisational change
- Integrating change into an organisational structure
Personalising the change plan
- Applying the four organisational metaphors
- Creating a change plan that accommodates how different personalities handle change
- Reviewing personality and team models
Coaching to deliver change
- Facilitating change using the GROW model
- Adapting communication to learning styles
- Managing change in ourselves and others
- Preparing managers and change agents to guide others through the change process
Team Dynamics for Successful Change
Team roles and personality types
- Employing diversity as an asset for collaboration
- Selecting the appropriate leadership style
Establishing a high-performing change team
- Building an effective team using a five-step approach
- Creating, facilitating and sustaining team effectiveness
- Accelerating team evolution using a four-stage model
- Leading teams from forming through performing stages
Assessing Organisational Change Readiness
Preparing the organisation for change
- Capturing likelihood of acceptance through three change practise models
- Customising your change management strategy using metaphors, models and tools
- Adapting your change management rollout
Applying four dynamic transitional approaches
- Change formula
- Managing transition
- Systemic change
- Complex responses
Recognising success and failure
- Implementing lessons learned
- Employing a four-step process model
Leadership roles in the change process
- Deploying a dispersed leadership model
- Four key roles for success: sponsor, implementer, advocate and agent
Leadership and phases of change
- Getting the early steps right
- Avoiding change fatigue
- Leading through transition
- The benefits of self-awareness in leading change
- Adhering to leadership principles
Selecting a leadership style profile
- Matching leadership style and organisational metaphors
- Five leadership styles: visionary, transformational, storytelling, adaptive and connective
Modifying your leadership style to the change environment
- Connecting the appropriate leadership style to individual, team and organisational requirements
- Enhancing process and framework capabilities
Identifying and engaging stakeholders
- Deploying SIMSCom: stakeholder identification, mapping, strategy, communication and management
- Constructing an effective AIDA[S] framework for stakeholders: attention, interest, desire and action
Important Course Information
- A minimum of 15 hours of pre-course reading preparation
- Pre-course reading materials are provided: Making Sense of Change Management, the APMG Change Management Practitioner Handbook and the Learning Tree Pre-course Study Guide
- 2 hours of home study each evening
Who Should AttendThose wishing to achieve Change Management Practitioner Certification.
Days 1 - 4 class hours:
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Two 15-minute breaks
Day 4, Foundation* Exam:
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Day 5 class hours, Practitioner Exam*:
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
*All AnyWare remote attendees will need to contact our Learning Tree Customer Service department prior to their course start date in order to make arrangements for taking the necessary Change Management exams.
Tuition & Benefits
Our Attendee-Friendly Tuition Terms — Exclusively with Learning Tree
- There is NO Advance Payment required
- Tuition fee is NOT due until AFTER you've enjoyed your course
- There are NO FEES for cancelling or rescheduling your course at ANY time
- Your Satisfaction is 100% GUARANTEED
Tuition fee is the same for In-Class, AnyWare™ or LiveLinked Course Participation
Commercial 2-Day 3-Day 4-Day 5-Day New Attendee £1,295 £1,645 £2,045 £2,365
Course Tuition Fee Includes:
Comprehensive Course Materials & Exams
You'll be provided with copies of instructor presentations and the hands-on exercises for your course, both printed and electronic. All certification exams are free.
Certificate of Achievement & Participation in Certification Programmes to Enhance Your Credentials
- Certificate of Achievement for completing your course – suitable for framing
- Framed diploma upon completion of our 2-Course Specialist & 3-Course Expert Certifications
- Continuing Education Units displayed on your certificate
FREE Attendee Benefits Before, During & After Your Course
FREE Personal 'My Learning Tree' Account
Preserves your training accomplishments and lets you access course notes, certificates, special offers, learning resources (blogs, whitepapers, how-to videos, etc.) and a new unique after-course benefit:
FREE After-Course Instructor Coaching
You may schedule a free coaching session with your instructor to ask questions and receive guidance.
FREE COMPUTING SANDBOX™
After your course, you will be provided with remote access to practice and extend your course's hands-on exercises on a virtual Learning Tree computer.
- FREE After-Course Instructor Coaching
Course Tuition Fee Savings:
* For all returning Learning Tree course attendees, you're entitled to a returning attendee tuition fee savings, whether you took a course with us 20 years ago or last week. Please call us today at 0800 282 353 for details on how to take advantage of these savings.
Click here for Multi-Course Saving Plans.
Many Learning Tree courses provide industry continuing education credits. You can also earn a Learning Tree Professional Certification in your area of expertise and prepare for popular industry certifications. See below for continuing professional development credits associated with this course.
Learning Tree is an accredited Change Management Training Provider. The APMG has accredited this course and its instructors as providing high-quality training in Change Management. Read More... This course is approved by PMI® for 29 professional development units (PDUs). For more on the Project Management Institute and a full list of courses approved for PDUs. Read More...
What is this course about?
This course prepares you for the APMG Change Management Foundation Exam, given on Day 4, and Practitioner Exam, given on Day 5. You learn how to build practical skill sets for delivering effective change within your workplace, including approaches to achieve buy-in and handle continuous change. This course provides examples of individual, team and organizational behaviors that exhibit the appropriate leadership styles to facilitate successful change.
Are there any pre-course study requirements?
Yes. A minimum of 15 hours of pre-course reading is required. The pre-course reading materials include Making Sense of Change Management, the APMG Change Management Practitioner Handbook and the Learning Tree Pre-course Study Guide, and are sent to you approximately three weeks prior the course. Furthermore, during the course, two hours of home study are required each evening.
What background do I need?
This course is applicable to both those effecting and those affected by change in the workplace. Previous Change Management experience is recommended but not required.
Who will benefit from this course?
This course is valuable for individuals wishing to achieve the APMG Change Management Certification. Anyone who must interact effectively with others to facilitate or direct change will find this course useful.
Which Change Management exam should I take?
Ideally, you should take both exams. Two levels of certification are offered - Foundation and Practitioner. You cannot attain Practitioner level without first passing the Foundation exam. Both certifications are valuable, with the Practitioner Certification demonstrating a higher level of ability to apply Change Management within organisational situations.
Will I receive my Practitioner Exam score?
If you pass the exam, you will not receive your score. If you fail the exam, your score is provided to you together with feedback on your exam.
What are the benefits of achieving the APMG Change Management Foundation Certification?
The APM Group (APMG) is the international exam and accreditation authority responsible for offering a suite of qualifications including ITIL®, PRINCE2® and MSP®. The APMG Change Management Certification recognizes knowledge and experience in dealing with the theories of how change impacts, and is affected by, individuals, teams, organizations and leaders of change initiatives. Successful completion of the APMG Change Management Certification demonstrates an individual's solid understanding of managing and leading change.
When are the exams offered? How many questions must I answer correctly in order to pass?
The Foundation Exam is taken on Day 4, starting at 11am. This is a one-hour, multiple-choice exam with no reference material allowed. There are 60 questions, and 30 of these questions must be answered correctly in order to pass. Since passing this exam is required to take the Practitioner Exam, the Foundation Exam is graded during the course. Once you have passed the Foundation Exam, you are eligible to take the Practitioner Exam on Day 5, starting at 9:30am. This three-hour exam contains 80 objective test questions. To pass the Practitioner test, 40 of the 80 exam questions must be answered correctly..
What happens if I fail the Foundation or Practitioner Exam?
If you fail the Foundation Exam, you can retake it during this course. If you do not pass, you may not take the Practitioner Exam. If you pass the Foundation Exam but fail the Practitioner Exam, you will receive an APM Group Foundation Certificate from Learning Tree. You will have the opportunity to re-sit the Practitioner Exam during a future course event. You do not have to retake this course. Additional cost is involved in retaking the Practitioner Exam.
How long does it take to receive results?
The APMG delivers results to Learning Tree within two to four weeks of receiving exams. However, with the growing popularity, it occasionally takes longer. Learning Tree will mail your Practitioner Exam results to you.
How much time is spent on each topic?
This course features extended hours. Monday through Thursday class meets from 9am to 5pm, with a 60 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks. On Friday class meets from 9am to 4.30pm with a 60 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks.
Content Hours Taking the Foundation Exam 1.0 Preparing for the Practitioner Exam 4.0 Taking the Practitioner Exam 3.0 Introduction to Change Management 3.0 Focusing on the individual and change 7.0 Team dynamics for successful change 4.0 Assessing organisational change readiness 4.5 Leading change 3.5
Times, including the workshops, are estimates; exact times may vary according to the needs of each class.
How much time is devoted to the workshops?
Approximately 45 percent of this course is spent performing exercises and sample exam questions. Activities include:
- Practicing exam questions
- Designing a practical framework for positive engagement with organisational change
- Identifying leadership and motivational factors for successful change
- Creating your best practice model
- Highlighting the importance of combining individual, team, organisational and leadership aspects
- Developing an integrated strategy designed to reduce resistance to change
I'm attending this course from work using AnyWare-Learning Tree's web-based remote attendance platform. How will that impact what I learn?
You will participate fully in the course and acquire the same knowledge and skills as your classmates who participate in the classroom. You will have the same course materials, be able to easily communicate back and forth and ask questions of your instructors and peers.
I currently hold the Foundation Certification and want to be Practitioner certified. Should I take this course?
If you already have the Foundation Certification, then about 45 percent of the material presented in this course will be review for you. If it has been three months or more since you took the Foundation Exam, then this course will provide an excellent refresher as you learn the new materials and prepare for the Practitioner Exam. If you present your Foundation Certificate, you are not required to retake the Foundation Exam on Day 4.
What is the relationship between Learning Tree and the APM Group (APMG)?
Both Learning Tree and this course have been accredited by the APMG. As an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO), Learning Tree and its trainers have been approved to deliver this course and proctor/invigilate the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner Exams. APMG is responsible for providing the exams, scoring them and notifying Learning Tree of the results.
How can I continue my professional development after I receive Change Management Certification?
For further related training, you may be interested in these courses:
- Course 177, PRINCE2®: Achieving Practitioner Certification
- Course 992, ITIL® Intermediate: Service Transition
- Course 3411, Emotional Intelligence: Achieving Leadership Success
For more information on these Learning Tree courses, please request the individual course Q&As.
Many Ways to Attend this Course...
Attend this live, instructor-led course In-Class or via AnyWare
From Your Home, Work or at One of Our AnyWare Learning Centres
Click here to view AnyWare Learning Centres »
Guaranteed to Run
You can be sure that all courses marked with an icon are absolutely guaranteed to run.
Attend live from Home, Work or AnyWare Centre
Course Attendance Method
Attend live In-Class
Select Your Date:
Tuition Fees & Savings Plans
Take advantage of our Multi-Course Tuition Savings Plans. Learn more »
Enrol Today – Risk Free!
Call 0800 282 353 or enrol online by selecting your date above.
- No advance payment required.
- No fees for cancellation or rescheduling, ever.
- Take up to 30 days after your course date to pay.
- Satisfaction guaranteed – or you pay no tuition fee.
You can bring this course on-site to your organisation
Bring Learning Tree Training to your workplace with our On-Site Training Solution. Learn more »
"This APMG Certification course by Learning Tree is one of the best I have attended in 35 years".
– W. Barsanti
ICT Contract Manager
Foster Wheeler Energy Ltd.
People Who Took This Course
Portions of the Learning Tree website may not be fully optimised for Internet Explorer 7.
For the best viewing experience, we recommend that you upgrade your browser to the latest available version.
Should you have any questions, please contact customer service at 0800 282 353.
Click here to CONTACT US or call:
0800 282 353
- IT & Management Training
IT Courses - Topic Areas:
- Agile Training (16 Courses) 2 NEW!
- Big Data (5 Courses) 1 NEW!
- Business Intelligence (11 Courses)
- Cloud Computing (4 Courses)
- Cyber Security (12 Courses) 1 NEW!
- ITIL® and COBIT® Training (12 Courses)
- Java, C++, Perl and Python Programming (9 Courses)
- Linux and UNIX (6 Courses)
- Microsoft Office (7 Courses)
- Mobile App Development (5 Courses)
- .NET/Visual Studio (12 Courses) 1 NEW!
- Networking and Virtualisation (10 Courses) 1 NEW!
- Oracle Databases (11 Courses)
- Project Management (22 Courses)
- SharePoint (14 Courses)
- Software Dev. & Agile (16 Courses) 2 NEW!
- SQL Server (17 Courses) 1 NEW!
- Web Development and XML (10 Courses) 1 NEW!
- Windows Systems (18 Courses)
Management Courses - Topic Areas:
- Business Analysis (9 Courses)
- Communication (10 Courses)
- ITIL® and COBIT® Training (12 Courses)
- Management and Leadership (14 Courses)
- Project Management (22 Courses)
- Learning Tree Certification Programmes
- Industry Certification
- Project Management Institute
- IIBA® Certification
- ITIL® and COBIT® Certifications
- CompTIA Certification
- PRINCE2® Certification
- ISTQB Certification
- Master's Programme
- For Groups/Teams
- For Enterprises
Course Delivery Solutions
- Bring Our Training to Your Site
- Attend Courses Live, Online with AnyWare
- Build a Custom Course to Meet Your Needs
- Ways to Attend
- Belgium (1 location)
- Canada (6 locations)
- France (10 locations)
- Sweden (1 location)
- Japan (1 location)
US Training Locations
- Atlanta, GA
- Baltimore, MD
- Boston, MA
- Charlotte, NC
- Chicago, IL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Northern New Jersey
- New York, NY
- Philadelphia, PA
- Richmond, VA
- Tidewater, VA
- Washington, DC Area
Live Online with AnyWare™
... from anywhere!
- My Learning Tree