Learning Tree and Industry Certification Programmes
About Project Management Institute (PMI)® Certification
Earn Project Management Institute professional development units (PDUs) while taking many Learning Tree courses.
Learning Tree courses provide the knowledge and skills important to today's management professionals. Throughout our courses, you learn to apply tools and techniques that will enhance your effectiveness in managing projects and leading people.
Learning Tree provides valuable training for those beginning in the project management field or expanding their role and considering the PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam. Learning Tree courses also provide valuable training for professional project managers who are pursuing or maintaining the Project Management Professional (PMP)® from the Project Management Institute (PMI). Learning Tree course participants can prepare for the associated exams and earn professional development units (PDUs) by attending specific Learning Tree courses. PDUs are required by PMI in preparing for, or maintaining, a Project Management Institute certification.
How Learning Tree Helps You Prepare for PMI® Exams
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
Those interested in achieving the CAPM certification should take Course 3601, Preparing for the CAPM Exam. This course offers the preparation needed to successfully earn this PMI certification. In this course, you learn to identify significant steps of the project life cycle. You also create a personalised self-study plan for exam success.
Project Management Professional (PMP)®
If you are an experienced project manager intending to take the PMP exam, you should take Course 276, Preparing for the PMP® Exam. In this course you gain practical test-taking experience through PMI-style practice exams and create your own personal study plan for continued use after the course.
PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
If you are an experienced or aspiring Agile certified practitioner planning to take the PMI-ACP® exam, you should take Course 3605, PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Exam Prep. In this course, you gain the skills necessary to help you prepare for the Project Management Institute's PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® credential exam. You learn essential Agile terminology, tools and techniques through concentrated practice exams and workshops. You also create a personalised study plan identifying your specific strengths and weaknesses designed for ultimate exam success.
The Learning Tree Exam Prep Guarantee
Learning Tree stands behind the quality of its courses. If for any reason you do not pass your CAPM, PMP or ACP exam after completing Course 3601, Course 276 or Course 3605, contact us within 60 days of your original course attendance to schedule a free course retake.
The following courses provide PMI Professional Development Units (PDUs):
Download the Learning Tree PMI Certification and Testing Q&A (in PDF format) for a detailed explanation of how Learning Tree courses align with the PMI Registered Education Provider (PMI R.E.P.) standards and for details on submitting Learning Tree courses to PMI for PDU credits.
In addition to earning PDUs or achieving PMI certification, you can further enhance your professional project management career by becoming a Learning Tree Certified Professional in Project Management or Agile and Software Development.
Project Management Courses
These courses provide the knowledge and skills needed to manage projects and programs of varying complexity and to complete them on time and within budget.
- PRINCE2®: Achieving Foundation & Practitioner Certification 177 29
- PRINCE2® Practitioner and Re-registration Certification 178 17
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Prep 276 35
- Risk Management for Projects, Programmes and Operations 286 23
- Complex Project Management 287 23
- Project Management: Skills for Success 296 23
- Project Management for Software Development 340 23
- Project Leadership: Building High-Performance Teams 346 23
- SharePoint for Project Management 919 17
- Project Time and Cost Management 923 23
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam Prep 3601 23
- PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Exam Prep 3605 21
- Building and Evolving a Project Management Office 3610 17
- APMG AgilePM®: Achieving Practitioner Certification 3633 21
- Implementing Lean-Agile for Business and Operations 3641 23
- Microsoft Project Introduction 3702 17
- PRINCE2®: A Project Management Methodology 4620 6
- PRINCE2®: A Project Management Methodology 4620 7
- Project Management Fundamentals 4621 7
- Project Management Fundamentals 4621 6
Management and Leadership Skills Courses
These courses provide the skills that managers can apply to build the performance of individuals, teams and organisations.
- Leading and Managing Virtual Teams 275 11
- Leading and Managing Virtual Teams 275 17
- Management Skills 290 23
- Business Relationship Management: Aligning IT & the Business 902 17
- Management Skills for an IT Environment 906 23
- Developing Your Leadership Voice for Presence and Impact 3405 17
- Emotional Intelligence: Achieving Leadership Success 3411 17
- Achieving Success as a New Manager 4660 6
Communication and Time Management Skills Courses
These courses offer the tools needed to improve your communication skills and personal effectiveness in the workplace.
- Business and Report Writing Introduction 219 17
- Assertiveness Skills: Communicating with Authority & Impact 244 17
- Communication Skills: Results through Collaboration 292 17
- Influence Skills: Getting Results without Direct Authority 294 23
- Personal Skills for Professional Excellence 297 23
- Technical Writing Introduction 319 23
- Time Management Essentials 344 11
- Public Speaking: Compelling Speeches & Presentations 903 17
Business Analysis Courses
These courses provide the necessary tools to effectively assess business issues and technical specifications to achieve organisational goals and expectations.
- Business Analysis Introduction: Defining Successful Projects 211 17
- Building an Effective Business Case 212 17
- Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving 284 17
- Developing User Requirements: The Key to Project Success 315 23
- Introduction to Modelling for Business Analysis 447 23
- Preparing for the IIBA® CBAP® Certification Exam 913 23
- Introduction to Business Process Improvement (BPI) 3505 17
- Agile Business Analysis 3511 17
- Key Things to Know About Business Intelligence 4581 6
ITIL® & COBIT® Training Courses
These courses help you prepare for ITIL® Certification.
- ITIL® Intermediate: Service Strategy 982 19
- ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle Qualification 983 30
- ITIL® Intermediate: Service Operation 991 19
- ITIL® Intermediate: Service Transition 992 19
- ITIL® Intermediate: Service Design 993 19
- ITIL® Intermediate: Continual Service Improvement 994 19
- ITIL® Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis 995 30
- ITIL® Intermediate: Release, Control and Validation 996 30
- ITIL® Intermediate: Planning, Protection and Optimisation 997 30
- ITIL® Intermediate: Service Offerings and Agreements 998 30
- Achieving ITIL® Foundation Certification 1197 18
- COBIT® 5 Foundation 3922 17
- Defining IT Skills, Roles and Responsibilities using the SFIA Framework 3930 7
Software Development and Agile Courses
These courses provide the knowledge needed to improve your software development and Agile skills.
- User & System Requirements for Successful Software Development 218 23
- Software Change, Configuration and Release Management 342 17
- Agile Project Management with Scrum 918 17
- Agile Software Development and Modelling 933 23
- User Experience (UX) Design for Successful Software 1802 17
- Accelerating Agile Development for Scrum Teams 1812 17
- Certified ScrumMaster® 1813 11
- Agile Test-Driven Development 1815 17
- Agile Software Development with Team Foundation Server 1816 23
- Agile Adoption for Managers 4590 6
- Introduction to Scrum 4591 6
- Learning Tree Certification
- Learning Tree Certification Home
- Agile and Software Development
- Big Data
- Business Analysis
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Java Programming
- Linux & UNIX
- Management & Leadership
- Microsoft Excel
- Mobile App Development
- .NET/Visual Studio
- Networking and Virtualisation
- Project Management
- SQL Server
- Web Development
- Windows Systems
- Industry Certifications
- Industry Certifications Home
- PMI® Certification
- IIBA® Certification
- ITIL® and COBIT® Certifications
- ITIL Certification Success Package
- CompTIA Certification
- PRINCE2® Certification
- ISTQB Certification
- Master's Programme
- ILM Endorsed Programmes
- ILM FAQ
- Scrum Alliance Certification
- SFIA Accredited Consultant
Earning PDUs for PMP® Qualification
As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the PMI, we can assist you with the initial qualifications for, and ongoing maintenance of, the PMP certification. The PMP certification, well-known in the field of project management, recognises a solid foundation of experience, education, and accomplishment in project management.
PMP candidates are required to earn a minimum of 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs) gained through training provided by a PMI R.E.P. Once certified, PMPs must earn at least 60 PDUs every three years.
For more information about PMI and the requirements for the PMP, please ask a member of our Educational Services staff for the Learning Tree PMI Q&A.
Portions of the Learning Tree website may not be fully optimised for Internet Explorer 7.
For the best viewing experience, we recommend that you upgrade your browser to the latest available version.
Should you have any questions, please contact customer service at 0800 282 353.
Click here to CONTACT US or call:
0800 282 353